March 17, 2020
I am taking a moment to inform you of the updated situation regarding Peak Massage Therapy and how we are dealing with the current state of emergency that the province has just issued.
As a healthcare professional it is my duty to always put the safety of my clients first, and with this I have decided to close all business until further notice.
The Covid-19 virus is spreading rapidly and it is our responsibility to put a stop to the growing numbers, in order to protect those who are immunocompromised, and also to avoid over burdening the healthcare system in our city.
Here is what I am doing for you if you currently have a massage booked:
- Your name will be placed on a priority list for booking massage once the state of emergency is lifted. This means that I will personally communicate with you to book a massage when it is most convenient for you.
Here is how you can help:
- Pre pay for your massage. I have had a few inquiries regarding pre-paying for massage in an effort to support a small business, as there is a current push to support local small businesses by purchasing gift cards to use at a later date. If you would like to pre pay for your massage, please contact me directly to organize this.
I am sorry for the inconvenience of this, however as a healthcare professional it is my duty to put your health and safety first.
For more information regarding the pandemic you can visit this website:
Please stay safe and healthy during this time, and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
March 13, 2020
In light of recent events regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and recent spike in Ottawa COVID-19 positive individuals, I wanted to take this opportunity to update you on how we are continuing to provide safe and effective massage therapy for each and every one of our clients:
1. for all home bookings, all clients will be required to provide their own linens and pillows until further notice
2. DO NOT book an appointment if you or someone in your home is experiencing flu symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) OR has recently traveled abroad
3. If you are self-isolating, DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
The 48 hour cancellation policy is waived for the time being, and there will be no penalties for last minute cancellations
Many of our clients are living with compromised immune systems, and are therefore at a greater risk for contracting COVID-19, and developing serious complications. By nature of mobile massage, the risk is far greater especially now that many people have chosen to self isolate at home. If you are self-isloating, please do not book a massage.
Here are a few of the things we are doing, and always have, to reduce the transmission of COVID-19:
-Effective hand washing before and after every client
-Using bleach to clean our linens
-Wiping down surfaces (massage table, face cradle, massage bottle, etc) with disinfectant between clients
-Cancelling appointments if the RMT has symptoms of illness
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please keep yourself and your loved ones healthy.
Peak Massage Therapy offers registered massage therapy services in the comfort of your own home. We travel in and around Ottawa.
In order to stay active and explore this world, we believe in maintaining health and mobility through massage therapy and self-care.
Peak Massage Therapy strives to devise an individualized treatment plan to help you reach your personal health and wellness goals.
PeakMassageTherapy@gmail.com | 613 447 1659